- Posted by agency-it
- On April 20, 2018
Tourism in Colorado has seen a massive boom in the last couple of years. At first, the state believed it was due to enhanced marketing strategies, but there is now proof that explains a different cause.
Interesting Facts about Colorado Marijuana Tourism
A study conducted by Strategic Marketing and Research Insights, commissioned by the Colorado Tourism Office, found that the recreational marijuana industry is the leading reason behind the record influx of visitors. Surveys conducted found that many individuals considering travel to Colorado chose the state because they could use recreational marijuana freely. They see it as an amenity to experience while on their visit.
Keep in mind the survey did not assess reasons why a potential visitor decided not to visit the state, so there is no data showing the effects of legal marijuana repelling tourists. Regardless of this fact, legal recreational marijuana use in Colorado has created many benefits for the state in various sectors and capacities.
Why Colorado Marijuana Tourism is Expected to Grow
The growth of Colorado marijuana tourism is unlikely to stop, and here are five reason why:
- The marijuana tourism industry brings people from varying walks of life together. When it comes to dispensaries, it is quite a different experience than going to a bar or club. Individuals can enjoy a cannabis product of their choosing while connecting with others on a personal level and meeting locals.
- While it may sound cliche, it’s true: people who are under the influence of marijuana tend to spend more money on food and activities. This in turn, continues to improve the state’s economy, which makes local businesses more willing to support and encourage marijuana tourism.
- Colorado has become similar to wine country for marijuana connoisseurs. Travelers come from near and far to try out high-end, organically grown strains that they can trust were raised with care by local growers. Tourists can even attend full blown weed tours on their visit.
- An entire industry beyond just smoking has been built around enjoying cannabis. Much like wine & paint nights that are so popular today, the Colorado economy has benefited from weed and paint nights, weed and hiking groups, and more.
- The booming recreational marijuana industry has also created impressive conferences, competitions and trade shows, which also bring in tons of state dollars that benefit the economy, adding more jobs and positive innovation.
Plan Your Visit Today
If you have ever wanted to visit the Rocky Mountain state but you haven’t made plans just yet, consider the amazing welcoming culture and environment that is flourishing thanks to marijuana tourism in Colorado.
If you happen to be in Fort Collins during your visit, please come by and see us at Infinite Wellness. Enjoy top shelf recreational and medical marijuana products that are hard to find elsewhere, while also getting to know some of the locals! Contact us for more information.
Feature image: Bruce Stanfield/Shutterstock